MyXray is an easy and intuitive app that will let you see your x-ray files as a real doctor. You will be able to get all the details and the extra information that is embedded in x-rays files.
When you take an x-ray the image is saved in a format called DICOM. When you take an x-ray ask your doctor or the radiologist to provide your DICOM file. You can then use MyXray to see that DICOM file. Remember it’s not a normal image. You can’t see it with a common image viewer. DICOM is what doctors and processionals use, and now you can use it too!
What’s the difference with a normal image? Well with a DICOM file you can:
- Check the length of your bones, or the area of some organs, isn’t that cool? That information is stored in almost all DICOM files.
- Get all the same information doctors get about your x-ray, like when did you take it, your age at the time, what kind of machine they used and so forth.
- Change contrast and brightness or even invert colors. The level of detail you can obtain is higher than any printed traditional x-ray. Don’t let the doctor get all the fun, you can get your pro x-ray image too!
- Share your x-ray on social media, email or save it in your iPad in a common image format that you can use with other apps or share among your family and friends.
- Keep a record of your x-rays.